Friday, December 01, 2006

5.2 and supplement homework questions

I'm stuck on number 45 in section 5.2. I read the example that went along with the question but didn't understand how it helps. ANy suggestions on where to begin?

For question ten on the supplement I don't understand how to account for the differences between b and c. I think for one of them you raise two to the original domain and range values to get the answer but I'm not sure which part that applies to.

For numbewr 11 I'm not really sure what to be looking for on the graphs. WHat feature on a graph dictates the limit?

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey Blue said...

I graphed each equation. In class, I believe Mr. Karafiol said the limit is what the graph approaches as x moves toward the given number. So for part a, since the input 2 gives an output of 4, I said the limit was 4. For part b, the graph went steeply downard before reaching 2, at which point the graph was undefined. Although the graph did have a minimum, he said that a very big number (even if it's negative) has the correct answer of -infinity. For part c, as x approaches 6, the graph moves up to a very big number, so i said the limit was +infinity. For part d, when x is 0, y is 1, so I said the limit was 1. For part e, I got +infinity again (it moves up toward a very big number as x approaches 4, even though it has a maximum).

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home