Monday, May 28, 2007

I missed class on friday...

and there are a few things about the 12R book problems and the semester review problems that confused me.

for 12R #s 36 and 43, I think we need to use induction, and I was wondering if Mr. Karafiol said anything about whether we'll need to know this for the final.

as for the semester review problems... in # 60, we are to find dx/dt, but I don't understand what the "d" means. It's definitely not the difference quotient because there is no f(x).

For #65 I completely spazzed on how to find the limit of the series sum if you know the limit of terms within it. I know we just did this stuff in class so I feel really lame, but just because we know that the largest term approaches 4, how do we know what the series will converge to if we don't know how many terms we're adding?

Finally, for the last problem (the second #66) I determined that the common ratio of the series is sec(t)/2 and I know that a geometric series will only reach a finite number if the ratio is between 0 and 1. So I set sec(t) equal to both 0 and 1, and I found a maximum value for t (5pi/3), but the one equal to 0 has no solution. So how do you find the minimum value for t?

thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yuchen Z. said...

We don't have to know 12.5 for the final.
dx/dt = the limit of Df(x) as h gets closer to 0.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home