Sunday, May 13, 2007

What did we go over in class?

For me and all those other people who were taking the APUSH Test, what did we go over in class? I realize we're starting a new chapter, so I don't want to be too far behind, since I'm also going to miss tomorrow's class for the AP Bio test. Anything really important that I should know?

So, I feel like I'm not contributing anything, so, here's how to get 29 in 12.2:

You may have gone over this in class, but the way to think about arithmetic sequences is to think about what you get when you add the first and last terms. This is the same as what you get when you add the second and second-to-last terms, and so on. So you multiply the sum of the first and last terms by n, then divide by two. So, 2+100=102, there are 50 ((100-2)/2+1) terms (to get the number of terms you subtract the first term from the last term and divide by the common difference, then add one). You get 510, so divide by two to get 255. Yay!

-Kevin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I can recall, we reviewed the quiz and should now better understand how to solve conics problems. We also spent a few minutes going over sequences, which are the focus of tomorrows homework.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home